Congratulations on accepting your Disney Professional Internship offer!
Now that you have accepted your offer, please review the general timeline of upcoming communication, paperwork, and next steps in order to prepare for your arrival date.
Request for Additional Information: 24 hours after your offer
An email will be sent to you to provide additional information. This step must be completed before we send you the link to complete your background check or start your New Hire Portal Paperwork.
Background Check: < 90 days before your start date
- If you are interning in Florida: you will do a background check by fingerprinting as part of your check-in. In some cases, you may also be asked to do a check prior to arrival through Accurate.
- If you will be interning outside of Florida: you will receive an email to create an account and complete a background check through our background partner, Accurate. Background results must be received before your arrival date; please complete this step as soon as possible after you receive the email from a Disney mailbox. Please check your inbox and spam folders.
***If you’ve lived outside the United States for more than six consecutive months within the past five years, your background check may take longer to complete.
New Hire Portal Paperwork: 1-2 months before your start date
You will receive an email to complete your New Hire Portal Paperwork, which includes information we’ll need for your pay and taxes. The link will expire two days after it is generated, so please complete right away.
Pre-Arrival Communication: 2-3 weeks before your start date
You will receive an email to confirm your start and end date. Enclosed will be details about your orientation, on-site parking for your first day, and what documentation to bring for I-9 verification (found below). This communication will inform you whether your manager will be contacting you regarding your first day, or picking you up after your orientation or sign-in appointment. You will also receive information about your Disney benefits and a link to the Disney Programs Blog to learn more about your benefits.
First Day Location Information: 1-2 weeks before your start date
If you work in an area where your leader does not pick you up from orientation or your sign-in appointment, you will receive information about your first day directly from your supervisor, including time, place, and any other important details, such as parking, building access or dress code. Make sure that your most current email address is on file. If you’re expecting an email from your manager and they haven’t reached out to you by the Friday before your internship, let us know! We at Disney Campus Recruitment are here to set you up for success.
First Day Check-In: Your start date
- Florida arrivals: you will have an appointment at Casting (typically the Wednesday before your start date) to do your I-9 paperwork and background check fingerprinting.
- Non-Florida arrivals: you will complete your paperwork at your first day orientation or sign in appointment.
- Regardless of location, please be sure to provide the appropriate I-9 verification materials, which can be found here.
***If you are an international student, please be prepared to present your EAD card at check in – if you don’t expect to have it at the time of arrival, please contact your recruiter as soon as possible. Your start date may need to be delayed.
Orientation: Your first week
- In Florida, your first day of work will be an orientation class called Disney Traditions, hosted at Disney University. This is typically the Saturday after your Wednesday check in appointment.
- In California, DPEP (Disney Parks, Experiences & Products) interns will normally attend Disney Traditions the first Friday after their arrival and sign-in appointment.
- If your internship is based in Glendale/Burbank or New York, you will attend an orientation class called Disney Beginnings on the day you arrive.
- If you are interning with ESPN in Bristol, Charlotte, or Austin, you will attend ESPN Rookie Camp.
- For all others, you will have a sign-in appointment or orientation on your first day, depending on your location and business area.
If you have any login issues during the process, please click here to submit a request.
Best of luck to you as you begin your journey with The Walt Disney Company, and welcome aboard!